Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Fix reflective tapes on the rear ends of vehicles to achieve the vehicle's visibility during night time

Including bullock carts and cycles
District collector Prabhakar Deshmukh has set a deadline for the Pune Regional Transport Office (RTO) for fixing reflective tapes fitted on all vehicles under its jurisdiction in 2008.

According to Deshmukh, a large number of accidents on highways take place after a speeding vehicle rams into a standing ones.

In the last one year, the RTO fixed the reflective tapes on 25,211 rickshaws and 21,992 goods and passenger vehicles. They have also managed to do so on 862 public transport buses, 1092 tankers of Indian Oil Corporation, over 300 bullock carts of government's co-operatives sugar mills.

I have reflective tapes on the mudguard of my cycle's rear wheel. My mechanic is insisting on fixing it all over my cycle, including me. He is very much worried about my cycling on Pune's roads. He believes it's 'risky'!
-The Times of India

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment