Saturday, December 13, 2008

Pune Municipal Corporation to speed up the work on the cycle track along the Bus Rapid Transit System pilot route of Swargate-Katraj-Hadapsar

Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) plans to complete the Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS) pilot route of Swargate-Katraj-Hadapsar and the cycle track by December-end.

World Bank (WB) has decided give Rs 100 crore to the PMC to encourage its non-motorised transport initiatives.

the BRTS and the cycle track on the stretch between Panchami hotel to Laxminarayan theatre will be completed immediately.

Additional city engineer (roads) Vivek Kharwadkar told TOI that the WB delegation was pleased with the civic body's efforts to initiate cycle tracks. "The WB funds would be mainly used for non-motorised transport. We are focusing on cycle tracks along with the BRTS route and hope to complete it soon." The Times of India

Subscribe for Free!

1) Thanks for visiting! Please, subscribe for free to receive emails of Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Cycle2Work Blog or to read in your Google or any other reader.

2) Cycle2Work is my passion and blogging on Pune real estate is my profession. Please, visit my Google group, Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group, to know more about my blogs.

3) Please, feel free to call me on my mobile +91 98600 44110! I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so i do not charge anything for the first 8 minutes!)

4) Please, join me on Friendfeed, to share news articles, photos, interesting links and videos. Let us discover and discuss our online life stream!

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment